USAG has specific skills, specifications, and deductions for every degree in gymnastics. These are the requirements for a stage five/6 10. gymnastics front handspring vault (stage five and six do the identical vault).
USAG makes it possible for all gymnasts to execute two vaults. The optimum rating of the two gymnastics vaults will be the score that is counted. gymnastic songs has up to 3 managing approaches as long as they do not contact the springboard and/or vault table. If the gymnast touches the board or gymnastics vault desk and does not go above this will rely as 1 of their vaults (this vault will get a rating of zero).
What the judges look for in a amount five/six front handspring vault…
Operate…The initial point a judge will search at is the gymnasts run. they want the operate to be even, sturdy and accelerated (the gymnast Need to not gradual up ahead of they hurdle advertisement punch the spring board)
PREFLIGHT…the preflight is aka the first flight. For the duration of the preflight the gymnasts arms should swing forward until finally the gymnast has complete shoulder extension (shoulders are opened). Throughout this time the head should remain neutral whilst only the eyes focus on the hand placement. All through the preflight the gymnast have to preserve a straight, limited, hollow human body positions with legs squeezed together and hips opened (no pike). In the preflight the gymnast should attain near vertical (but no much more than vertical). This is attained by driving the heals up and backwards.
Contact…as shortly as the gymnasts palms speak to the gymnastics vault desk the gymnast Need to swiftly and forcefully extend their shoulders (this is acknowledged as blocking) towards the vault without bending their arms. This will lead to the gymnast to go away the vault table very rapid and in close proximity to vertical.
POSTFLIGHT…the gymnast need to preserve the identical situation as the preflight…head neutral although in a straight and limited hollow body situation. The gymnast have to proceed rotating until they land in demi-plie.
Complete… when the gymnast’s feet make contact with the mat the gymnast must slightly bend knees to take in the landing (this will help the gymnast stick it) whilst their arms fall down to their side. As before long as the gymnast has full manage of the landing they need to have to prolong their legs to a straight stand and raise their arms to finish in a V placement.
Here is a listing of extra penalties a gymnast can obtain on a entrance handspring vault.
• Entire body placement – Piked – Arched
• Legs – Bent – Separated
• Feet – Not pointed
Operate AND PREFLIGHT
• Operate – Lacks pace – Lacks energy – No acceleration – Not straight
• Mistaken vault executed
• Assist of Coach
• Arms – Bent – Shoulders not open up (demonstrating a shoulder angle)
• Head contacts vault
• Failure to depart the vault prior to the gymnast goes earlier vertical
• Hands – Added hand placement (moving palms when they speak to the vault desk) – Retaining palms on the vault table for too long – Touching with only one particular hand – Not touching the vault at all
• Not adequate peak
• Not sufficient distance
• Any speak to with physique at the end of the vault table (Other than when the gymnast arms initial have get in touch with)
• Toes – Hop – Transfer – Phase – Leap
• Additional arm swing
• Extra human body motion to keep harmony
• Incorrect body position
• Deep squat
• Touching the landing mat with any element or entire body other than feet
• Touching the vault table with any component of physique
• Not landing ft initial.